IDWMno's space station 13 server's forum!!

We have security, maybe we need ninja security as well.

RussianLord

We have security, maybe we need ninja security as well.

Post  RussianLord on Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:20 pm

Just an idea but maybe we could have someone get turned into a ninja based on when the tension report gets to such a level( The report that goes up after every adminhelp, murder, air alarm etc). If anyone agrees of disagrees then fell free to comment on it.

Last edited by RussianLord on Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:10 am; edited 1 time in total
    ShadowRider1

Re: We have security, maybe we need ninja security as well.

Post  ShadowRider1 on Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:39 pm

To make the server more interesting, and unique. I agree with the terms of a player ninja, however, a list of possible candidates would make it more realistic (A new player as a ninja would not work out). I am simply stating (Like Perseus, which was a good idea in my opinion) that we need a thread for these "Posssible Candidates" I will be more then glad to assign a ninja when things rise to that level, but I will have to do it to people I know who can handle the situation (Because there will always be a disloyal crewmember out to steal their gear or just be an incompetent and say the stations reinforcements are rogue)...
    ~
    @ People I know who can handle the situation...I know a lot of people can handle the siutations fairly well, but I would love to see a thread and a format with questions that would give "Us" the idea why they deserve it and a reason for me to pick them (Along with any other admin who deems it's time for Back-Up.)
    ~
    Admins...I would love that you ask your fellow admins for their input on the situation as to why the ninja would be called.
    ~
    lol!
    ShadowRider1

Post  ShadowRider1 on Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:44 pm

The "Possible Candidates" evaluation thread would work for death commandos too.
    Players and admins, if you agree or disagree, I am willing to liston and change my vouch for such an event.
    RussianLord

Post  RussianLord on Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:48 pm

ShadowRider1 wrote:To make the server more interesting, and unique. I agree with the terms of a player ninja, however, a list of possible candidates would make it more realistic (A new player as a ninja would not work out). I am simply stating (Like Perseus, which was a good idea in my opinion) that we need a thread for these "Posssible Candidates" I will be more then glad to assign a ninja when things rise to that level, but I will have to do it to people I know who can handle the situation (Because there will always be a disloyal crewmember out to steal their gear or just be an incompetent and say the stations reinforcements are rogue)...
    ~
    @ People I know who can handle the situation...I know a lot of people can handle the siutations fairly well, but I would love to see a thread and a format with questions that would give "Us" the idea why they deserve it and a reason for me to pick them (Along with any other admin who deems it's time for Back-Up.)
    ~
    Admins...I would love that you ask your fellow admins for their input on the situation as to why the ninja would be called.
    ~
    lol!

That could work but I also think that high ranking crew like the captain etc who have died might get the place. I am willing to go either way BTW.

ShadowRider1

Post  ShadowRider1 on Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:00 pm

A lot of new players tend to want the high ranking jobs, and there is always some power junky out there. If people knew we were handing out ninjas and sorts to the Heads, well...Everyone would love to have that job and possibly end their character life sooner.

Last edited by ShadowRider1 on Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:02 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Grammar problems)
    RussianLord

Post  RussianLord on Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:03 pm

ShadowRider1 wrote:A lot of new players tend to want the ranking jobs, and there is always some power junky out there. If people knew we were handing out ninjas and sorts to the Heads, well...Everyone would love to have that job and possibly end their character life sooner.

Maybe we should implement a join counter and after lets say a collective days worth of playing on the server it could allow the person to be put on the list. List would be overseen by admins though.

ShadowRider1

Post  ShadowRider1 on Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:08 pm

As long as there is a way to cancel their reward, which I hope they don't provoke us to do, that could work out.
    But if that didn't work out. We can always go back to the old way. Make a format with a good set of questions, and evaluate their statues and amount of work they put into it.
    ~
    How long do you suggest they play for? (To get the ninja class)
    RussianLord

Post  RussianLord on Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:15 pm

7 days collective play as an assistant to become a ninja
    5 days collective play as a none head and none assistant to become a ninja
    3 Days collective plat as a head to become a ninja
    2 Days collective play as the AI or Captain to become a ninja

14 days collective play as an assistant to become a deathsquad officer
    10 days collective play as a none head and none assistant to become a deathsquad officer
    6 Days collective plat as a head to become a deathsquad officer
    4 Days collective play as the AI or Captain to become a deathsquad officer

Binkow

Post  Binkow on Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:46 am

I don't think it should be based off of total gametime, but more or less ability to RP and space station 13 experience.
    RussianLord

Post  RussianLord on Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:42 am

Binkow wrote:I don't think it should be based off of total gametime, but more or less ability to RP and space station 13 experience.

The problem is I am trying to make this as automatic as possible so that admins don't have to do everything. If you say admins have to pick the people then that destroys the idea of having an auto event.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:01 pm